Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bird on the loose... where's my camera

A couple of days ago, a client came to the office with a small tissue box. He opened it and he pulled out a parakeet with what looked to be a possible broken leg.

"I think leg broken," he said in broken English.

I explained to him that I do not treat birds and referred him to an avian veterinarian. Just then the bird got away and started flying around the waiting room. The funniest part about this whole escapade is that the two clinic cats, Murphy and Krusty, were by the receptionist window following the parakeet's every move like spectators at a tennis match. It took us about five minutes or so for the owner to catch the bird and cage him. I gave him the address and phone number of the vet and he was on his way.

As for the cats, they sat by the window, hoping for another bird to show up. I need to bring my camera to work more often.

1 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I never have my camera ready when I need it! Usually I'm out of batteries!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home