Friday, May 25, 2007

Enjoy the holiday... but think about why we have it.

We enter the "unofficial" start of Summer with Memorial Day weekend. Another 3-4 day weekend with tons of travel, BBQ's, picnics with family and friends, or just lounging around the house. Personally, my wife and I will stay close to home since she's close to her due date.

Just a friendly reminder; when you go on that vacation to wherever, while you are enjoying your barbecue, while you are going to that Memorial Day sale at your favorite shopping place, remember just for one moment why we have this holiday weekend. Remember those that paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live in relative comfort. If you see a veteran this weekend, go up to him or her and thank them for their service. Whether you are for or against the war, just take a moment to remember. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Eugene. On my way to Russ's apartment this morning I drove up to a group of WWII Vets gathering around a Memorial. As I drove up to the stop light next to the site, I introduced myself and thanked them for their service. They smiled, waved, and thanked me for the acknowlegment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home