Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Birthday Thoughts

Yes, today is the day that I become another year older. However, it was more than that. It was my first birthday as a father. After coming home from the ophthalmologist (eye doctor), there was a wrapped present on the kitchen table with two cards; one addressed to "Eugene" and one addressed to "Daddy." Naturally, I opened the "Daddy" card first. It was a nice surprise to see.

As for the package, it was three volumes of Classic "Underdog" cartoons on DVD and the first three seasons of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. I can't wait to open them up and watch them.

We then went to dinner at Jimmy's Charhouse with Alex in tow. He was asleep throughout the whole dinner, which is impressive considering it was a pretty busy night. We had an appetizer of shrimp cocktail for starters. Sandra had the Char-grilled sirloin steak while I had the Chicken and Rib Combo. Sandra had Apple pie for dessert and I had the Tiramisu.

As we were leaving, there were four elderly ladies at the table next to us that saw Alex as we got up to leave. They were commenting on how he was able to sleep through dinner. They also thought he was adorable!!!

Anyway, all in all it was a relatively quiet birthday. However, I got to spend it with the two most important people in my life.... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Russ said...

Eugene, there's a decent chance my card didn't make it there in time, so, very happy birthday wishes!

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eugene.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home