Friday, September 25, 2009

Going to be a single parent......

Ever since my wife found out that she has to go on an extended business trip earlier this year, I've had to come to grips with becoming a single parent.

I admit I am nervous about the challenge ahead. I'm lucky enough to have family nearby to help on the weekends, but it's just my son and I during the week. I've also been lucky enough to have generous friends offer to have playdates too. Many things have gone through my head: what to do if he gets sick; how will he react to mommy not being around for an extended period of time, can I get him to eat, etc. etc. etc.

Probably the crappiest part about it is that I'll be separated from my wife. Ever since our son came into our lives, I've witnessed her grow into the role of loving mother while trying to balance work and being my spouse. She's been absolutely fantastic. I can only hope that she sees me in the same light as I see her.

Well, the hours count down towards that time when Alex and I will have a ton of Father-Son bonding time. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I know for sure that that will be true when it comes to my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home